CO
Posted By
Carol_Oostman
Nov 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was working in Windows 98. Now I have a new computer with XP. Installed Photoshop 5.0. Works great. Connected Canon N1220U scanner and installed software. I got one scan yesterday. Now today scan is almost complete and I get message "Photoshop has encountered a problem and needs to close." I lost the preview and have to start over. Tried again. Same thing. I rebooted. Same thing. I went to Canon site to look for updated driver. Downloaded. At the END!! of the download it says need to uninstall old version before downloading new driver! Well, too late at that point. So I uninstalled original version. Nothing. Reinstalled. Ran test on scanner. Comes out good. So is the problem maybe in Photoshop? Do I need an updated driver for Photoshop to go with XP? I couldn’t find one on the site. Suggestions appreciated. carolo

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NS
Nancy_S
Nov 27, 2003
Carol,

Your problem is not with a Photoshop driver, I don’t think. But do you mean you have an older version of full Photoshop? I’m a little confused here as this is the Photoshop Elements forum.

Did your scanner install directions say to connect it before installing the software? Mine is done the other way around, software first, scanner not connected. It sounds like you used a CD for drivers which came with the scanner rather than using XP’s native support, OK, and then you downloaded newer drivers.

I would try this: follow the sequence of instructions for your scanner for "Uninstall", so you remove the hardware from your system as well as the software. Reboot. Install new drivers and hardware. See if this works out better. Let us know.

What size image were you scanning and at what resolution? How much RAM do you have?

edit: you may have to uninstall and then reinstall PS if your scanner is not listed under File>Import

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections