MS
Posted By
Malcolm_Stebbins
Dec 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have PS Elements 2.0 that came bundled with my Nikon Coolpix. and I’m using Windows XP.

I am scanning old 2.5 by 4 inch B&W negatives and when I go to save the (20 megabyte files) in JPEG, all is OK, till I try and re-open the files and then I get a "bad path" message. PS Elements 2.0 also will not show the thumbnail sketch in the "Open File" window and cannot open its own jpeg files, saved justs 10 seconds ago. I can save as a PhotoShop .psd file OK.

Sometimes if I close PS, then re-open, I can sucessfullly save ONE Jpeg file, but then PS begins acting up. I have not had this problem with PS 5. I have Norton anti-virus and I have done all of my scan-disk etc to make sure that the probelm is not a bad sector on my hard drive, nor a virus.

Sorry if this has been covered, I did search the archives for this problem. Malcolm Stebbins (Halifax)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NS
Nancy_S
Dec 9, 2003
Malcolm,

Try disabling Norton when you are running PSE.

Try deleting your preferences file. This file easily becomes corrupted and can be responsible for quirky behavior. PSE will rebuild the file. Do this…

Poise your fingers over three keys; Ctrl/shift/alt. Immediately after click the PSE icon to launch the program press the three keys down simultaneously and hold until a message pops up. Answer yes to the question and let it finish loading. See if this cures your problem, if not come back.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections