H
Posted By
HarveyWin
Oct 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I take my photos to the store to get printed, any files that I’ve saved with PhotoShop are unable to be opened. (saved as .JPG’s)
I have to go home, open them,& save them with MS PhotoEditor, then the store is able to read them. I’ve had this happen at more than one store, and from files saved by both my home and work computers.
Is there a setting in Photoshop that I have screwed up??????? I’m using PhotoShop 7.0, on WinXP.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RO
Robert_Oliver
Oct 23, 2003
When I take my photos to the store to get printed, any files that I’ve saved with PhotoShop are unable to be opened. (saved as .JPG’s)

Opened by what program?
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Oct 23, 2003
Double Post
C
CindySingleton
Oct 23, 2003
Are they in RGB mode? I took some images to Walmart once that were saved as grayscale jpgs and their machine didn’t recognize them.

~Cindy
L
larry
Oct 23, 2003
Try a flattened TIF. I use Frontier and Noritsu printers all the time and that’s how I prepare all my files to be printed. Sometimes for 8×10’s I take Jpegs saved at the highest resolution so they open faster.

Larry Berman
<http://BermanGraphics.com>
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 23, 2003
turn off thumbnail saves for your jpgs
KN
Ken_Nielsen_
Oct 23, 2003
In the United States, we call it "take the job to the printer." A store is some place where we buy groceries.
G
graffiti
Oct 23, 2003
But a printer can have a storefront. Not confused yet?
C
CindySingleton
Oct 24, 2003
When I think of taking "photos to the store" I think of Walmart or some other one hour photo place. When I think of "taking the job to the printer" I think of a place that knows what they’re doing.

~Cindy;)
D
d._wade_thompson
Oct 24, 2003
hey cindy,

take exception to that, i work at a "one hour photo place", and we are no wal mart. we print for a lot of professional photographers and we "know what we are doing". it isnt always where you take your stuff that makes a difference its who is working there and what they know.

wade
JS
John_Slate
Oct 24, 2003
wade:

FYI, the reason your entry is all italics and your first word "i" is missing is because starting a line with lowercase "i" will do that.

See the instructions above the "Message" entry field.
H
HarveyWin
Oct 25, 2003
Thanks for the responses.
It was the "saving with thumbnails turned on" that was screwing things up for me at the printer.
I turned that feature off, saved my pictures, took them to the print shop, and they were now able to open them just fine.
Thanks everyone.
C
CindySingleton
Oct 25, 2003
I’m sorry, Wade! I’d bet you’re not in small town Idaho.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections