BD
Posted By
b_denis
Feb 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using PSE2 this happens about 60% of the time. I select save as and the trouble begins when the save dialog appears. The disk drive starts going bonkers and it won’t stop, PSE2 (and the everything on WinXP Pro) slow down to almost nothing. When I call up the task manager to stop PSE2 the disk keeps on churning. The list of running processes shows PSE2 even when the task is ended. PSE2 process keeps chewing up more memory; 20MB, then 80MB, then 100MB, up to about 320MB. Killing the process reduces the memory used, but it starts climbing up again and the disk is STILL churning away. With persistence I can kill all the threads, but it ain’t easy.

I’ve been using PSE2 for about 2 months before this started. Since then I uninstalled it and re installed it. I make it the only app running. It happens for any file format to save. I don’t have a clue what’s happening. Anybody seen this happen before?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NS
Nancy_S
Feb 18, 2004
denis,

No, I haven’t, but…

first action to try is the deletion of the preference file. This may be the cure and if not, you haven’t hurt anything.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections