PE
Posted By
paul_e_fischer
Dec 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I was using PSE all I had to do was click on any file or thumbnail and PSE would load and open that file. I just loaded PSE 2.0 and I have to use the right click ‘open with’ option and navigate to the new version for each picture or file. This happens even when I check the option ‘Always use this program to open these files’. Is there any way I can set PSE 2.0 to serve as the default program and load and then open the file without jumping through the other hoops? I’m using Win ME

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, Paul

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 29, 2003
Paul, this is a switch – most of the people who write here are trying to undo having PSE2 open their image files! In any event, in PSE2, that is set within the program itself. Go to Edit>File Association and check the boxes of the image types you want opened with PSE2.

Chuck
PE
paul_e_fischer
Dec 29, 2003
Chuck: I’m assuming that you mean ‘file association’ within PSE 2. I just did that and selected ‘all’ and it still won’t ‘take’ as the default program.

Paul
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 29, 2003
Paul, yes, that’s what I meant – whatever I wrote…! That’s baffling….what program is triggered when you click on one of the images you’d like PSE2 to open?
PE
paul_e_fischer
Dec 29, 2003
Chuck: I get a window that says ‘Program not found’ ‘Windows cannot find the program PhotoshopElements.exe This program is needed to open files of the type JPG file’ and then it gives me the c: address line to fill in.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 29, 2003
Paul, that’s a new one on me. I assume you went through the whole ‘Browse’ thing in the Open With dialog box and pointed Windows directly at the file….?

Did you remove PSE1 when you installed PSE2? You don’t have to, but if you did maybe Windows is looking for and not finding the PSE1 file of the same name…?

Chuck
PE
paul_e_fischer
Dec 29, 2003
Chuck: I’ve gone through that whole process several times. I deleted PSE but I think I’ll reinstall it and see if I get anywhere that way. Before I do that I’m going to try to rename a file and then tell it to open with PSE 2 and then see if opens from scratch with PSE 2

Thanks for your help Chuck. The ‘war department just called me for dinner!

Paul
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 29, 2003
Paul, sorry I couldn’t be of more help; enjoy your dinner!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections