Posted By
Jay Snively
Nov 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I have Photoshop 4.0.1 with Windows 98 and I have an image in the mode "Indexed color" that I am attempting to save as a .GIF. When I choose "Save as", I get a dialog box that says "GIF89a Options." I click "OK". Then I get
a dialog box that says "Some image data, such as printer settings, cannot be saved with this file format; save anyway?" I click "OK." Then I get a dialog box that says "Could not save ‘C:\…\leftimage.GIF’ because the file is locked. Use the ‘Properties’ command in the File Manager to unlock the file."
I do not understand that last message. What is File Manager? And how do I unlock a file?
Thank you.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

E
edjh
Nov 15, 2003
Jay Snively wrote:
Hello,
I have Photoshop 4.0.1 with Windows 98 and I have an image in the mode "Indexed color" that I am attempting to save as a .GIF. When I choose "Save as", I get a dialog box that says "GIF89a Options." I click "OK". Then I get
a dialog box that says "Some image data, such as printer settings, cannot be saved with this file format; save anyway?" I click "OK." Then I get a dialog box that says "Could not save ‘C:\…\leftimage.GIF’ because the file is locked. Use the ‘Properties’ command in the File Manager to unlock the file."
I do not understand that last message. What is File Manager? And how do I unlock a file?
Thank you.
Right-click on the file. You should get a menu with the item Properties at the bottom. Select it and in the dialog uncheck Read Only and hit OK. —
Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections