DR
Posted By
debbie_rotola
May 18, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have downloaded the latest plug in and elements still does not read my raw files from my pentax 1st DS. If I purchace CS and use the newest plug in will it work??? Is there something that I am not doing correct with elements/plug in.I would like to save the money. Has anyone had any success with this.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 18, 2005
Debbie, Elements and CS2 use the same plug-in. If it works in one, it will work in the other, and if it doesn’t work in one, it won’t work in the other. The only difference is that many of the advanced features available in the converter in CS2 (curves, calibration, for instance) don’t appear when you install the plug-in in PE.
BH
Beth_Haney
May 18, 2005
However, Debbie, you don’t say which version of PSE you’re using. The RAW plug-in will only work in 3.0.
DR
debbie_rotola
May 18, 2005
Thank you, I suppose I may be out of luck.
DR
debbie_rotola
May 18, 2005
I am using PSE3 and downloaded both the 2.4 update and 3.1 plug in update for CS.
LM
Lou_M
May 18, 2005
Hi, Debbie. I’ve been using the 2.4 update with PSE3 for several months now with my Pentax *ist DS. It works great!

What directory did you copy the plug-in to, and was there a file of the same name there already?

I’m not sure where this menu is located on Windows, but on a Mac if I select Photoshop Elements > About Plug-In > Camera Raw… it says version 2.4. What does yours say? (Under Windows, the Plug-Ins menu might be under File or Edit or Help or Window????!)
DR
debbie_rotola
May 19, 2005
Lou,
I just clicked on it and tried to use it. I will attempt to follow your directions, however, I am a little green setting up this stuff for the first time. I will be so thrilled if it works! If you have time would you spell it out for be from the download sight to using the program. Thank you so very much!!! Maybe I need to delete (the plug in update) and start from scratch. Looks like there is hope!
LM
Lou_M
May 19, 2005
No problem, Debbie.

1. Go to this web site:

< http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2936>

2. Print that page.

3. On the left of that page, there will be a red "Download" button. Click it to download the file. Save it someplace convenient, such as your Desktop.

4. Unzip the file (if you’re on Windows XP, just double-click on it; if you’re on any other version of Windows, use WinZip to unzip the file.

5. Now go to that printout you did. In the "Installation Instructions" section, skip over the first part (which talks about Photoshop CS2) and the next section talks about Photoshop Elements 3.

If you still need help, post back here.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections