A
Posted By
alfmeister
Mar 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I want to save a file as sample 01.jpg for instance, the program inserts a dash in the space so it becomes sample-01.jpg
Is there a way to force the program to just save the file the way I wrote it?
TIA

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DF
Don F
Mar 14, 2007
"alfmeister" wrote in message
When I want to save a file as sample 01.jpg for instance, the program inserts a dash in the space so it becomes sample-01.jpg
TIA
———-
What type of save are you talking about?
The file naming function you mention is for saving editing sessions. When you are finished, use "Save As", and name the file anything you like. Does that help or am I not understanding your question?
Don F
A
alfmeister
Mar 14, 2007
Yes I’m talking about ‘Save As’. I chose a name and then the program inserts a dash in the empty spaces. Apparently it doesn’t like empty spaces.
Example: Beach House 05.jpg is saved as Beach-House-05.jpg I’m using PSE 5.02 on a Vista machine. I use PSE 1.0 on an XP machine and it doesn’t do that. I would like to know if anyone knows if there is a setting to change this.

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:09:38 -0400, "Don Farias" wrote:

TIA
———-
What type of save are you talking about?
The file naming function you mention is for saving editing sessions. When you are finished, use "Save As", and name the file anything you like. Does that help or am I not understanding your question?
Don F
DF
Don F
Mar 14, 2007
"TRITON" wrote in message
Yes I’m talking about ‘Save As’. I chose a name and then the program inserts a dash in the empty spaces. Apparently it doesn’t like empty spaces.
Example: Beach House 05.jpg is saved as Beach-House-05.jpg I’m using PSE 5.02 on a Vista machine. I use PSE 1.0 on an XP machine and it doesn’t do that. I would like to know if anyone knows if there is a setting to change this.
——-
I am using PSE 5.0 on a WinXP Pro machine. My "save as" works as I stated. There is nothing added to the file name I type. When I use the "Save" function (while *in the editor*), I get "_edited-#" added to my filename with a ".psd" extension.
I haven’t updated to 5.02 yet. Maybe a 5.02 bug exists? Don F
DF
Don F
Mar 14, 2007
<snip>
"TRITON" wrote in message
——-
As a follow up I opened a file named _DSC1081 in the editor. I used "save as" to save the file as "MyTry 1.jpg" (single space before the 1). I also saved it as "MyTry 2" (3 spaces before the 2). Both were saved *exactly* as I typed with the spaces.
Also, where did you get the 5.02 update? When I ask for an update while in the PSE editor, I am informed that there are no updates available. Don F
DF
Don F
Mar 14, 2007
TIA
I think I have some useful information. PSE 5.02 update is a Vista 32 bit compatibility update and is not required for WinXP users. According to a Google search, using a Vista keyword, spaces in file names should be replaced with "_". Spaces are allowed but with "unpredictable" results. I believe that Linux OS prefers (or requires) the underscore separators so it may be that Vista follows Linux rules.
I hope this is useful.
Don F
A
alfmeister
Mar 15, 2007
Hmmm. It’s the only program that I use that has a problem like this. All other programs don’t add a – in the Save As routine. There’s probably a setting in PSE 5.0 I missed somewhere.

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:07:41 -0400, "Don F"
wrote:

TIA
I think I have some useful information. PSE 5.02 update is a Vista 32 bit compatibility update and is not required for WinXP users. According to a Google search, using a Vista keyword, spaces in file names should be replaced with "_". Spaces are allowed but with "unpredictable" results. I believe that Linux OS prefers (or requires) the underscore separators so it may be that Vista follows Linux rules.
I hope this is useful.
Don F

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections