IS
Posted By
Ideen_S
Feb 17, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I use Photoshop CS4 "Save As", and then select jpg, it offers me to save my file, foo.psd as foo.jpg. No problem.

I have prepared an action to "Save as JPG" but it always offers me to save as "foo copy copy.jpg". This is rather annoying as I’ll have to get rid of "copy copy" portion every time.

Any hints? Is it my action script? Is a "professional" version of such an action script available elsewhere?

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Feb 17, 2009
use save for web. you have more control and don’t get annoyed by the stupid "copy copy" issue.
B
Bob
Feb 17, 2009
On Feb 17, 7:46 am, wrote:
When I use Photoshop CS4 "Save As", and then select jpg, it offers me to save my file, foo.psd as foo.jpg. No problem.

I have prepared an action to "Save as JPG" but it always offers me to save as "foo copy copy.jpg". This is rather annoying as I’ll have to get rid of "copy copy" portion every time.

Any hints? Is it my action script? Is a "professional" version of such an action script available elsewhere?

Thanks

There are two things that cause that to happen to me:
1) After creating a layer or two and fail to merge before saving.
2) Use Filter > Distort > Lens Correction

There may be other things that cause it to happen but those are the ones I see. Don’t know how to get rid of it in #2 but #1 is fixed by merging the layers before saving as a jpg. If you want to preserve your layers, you’ll need to modify your script to first save as a PSD, Merge Layers, then save as JPG.

-Bob
http://designphotography.smugmug.com/
P
PECourtejoie
Feb 18, 2009
Uncheck the three dots in a square next to that step, and you get to chose the name you want.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections