DM
Posted By
Daron_McKee
Feb 9, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have created a simple action that places a page on a proof sheet. It work fine but the only problem I’m having is that it will not save the file with it’s name it uses the file name from the "open" command of my action. I have the batch action linked to a "folder’ and have tried it with "Override Action "Open" Commands" checked or unchecked, I have also tried it with "Suppress File Open Options Dialogs" checked and unchecked and all combinations of the two checked or unchecked. I want it to just save the file with the name and extension it already has. Also when it saves the file name it cuts off the last digits of the name before the extension. So as in this name example it cuts off the "002" in this name 88471.11.1.002.pdf.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Feb 10, 2009
it uses the file name from the "open" command of my action

That’s because you recorded the Open command in your action.
DM
Daron_McKee
Feb 10, 2009
Yeah I stated that in my original post… If I remove the open file part of the action it stops the action and prompts me on what open then does nothing, that’s why I had "Overide Action "Open" Commands" checked but it still uses that name even though I have it linked to pull the files from a folder.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections