PH
Posted By
Pam_Hesse
Jul 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m saving jpg files as html files. When I save them through "Save for web" I have to select html and images for the resulting html file to be displayed in a browser correctly. An "images" folder is creating during the save process and another jpg file is put in there. If I delete this jpg file, it doesn’t display correctly.

I’ll be giving these files to clients in case they want to put the html file up on their website. What happens if they separate the html file from the jpg file? Or do they need to put both files on their websites?

Using Photoshop 7 in OS 10.2.8.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JB
Jonathan_Balza
Jul 26, 2004
The html file contains a link to that .jpg image. It does NOT contain the actual image. You must give them both the .html file and the .jpg file for it to be usable. As a matter of fact, chances are they need the .jpg file and not the .html file.

I strongly recommend reading a book on beginning .html to get you started.
PH
Pam_Hesse
Aug 9, 2004
Thanks for the info.
J
jonf
Aug 9, 2004
I think you have your answer already, but to put it another way, you’re not "saving jpegs as html." When you save "html and images" PS is creating an html page that looks like your photoshop page, and saving any slices (created with the slice tool) as individual images. If you’re designing a whole web page with separate linked images this is useful. If all you’re doing is converting a jpeg for the web, you don’t need to save the html at all, and the html file will not be of any use. Just save the image only.

FYI, you can upload a jpeg without any html file at all. If you point your browser to the correct path it should display in your browser window correctly.
PH
Pam_Hesse
Aug 10, 2004
Goes to show how much I know. I was told (by a person as equally ignorant as I am) to provide clients with html file for their websites. From now I’ll just give them the jpg file.

Thanks again!
J
jonf
Aug 10, 2004
That would depend on what the client is asking for. If they already have Websites I’d assume they only want to post your jpegs on their existing site, which would normally mean they have the html files they need for the site, and will merely place your jpeg into their html page. On the other hand, if they’re asking you to design a Website or Web page for them, complete with hyperlinks, active text, rollover images, navigation bars, and so on, they would need you to provide html files. That may be what your friend was referring to.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections