PC
Posted By
Peter_Crane
Jun 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just starting the "Classroom in a Book" for PS 7.0. Home built, plenty if mem., etc, using XP.
I copied the Lessons Folder to my HDD.
Double clicked "UNLOCK.BAT", a quick DOS window opened and that was it. Now when I go to save a portion of work, Message says:
"Could not saved because file is locked. Use "Properties" command in Windows Explorer to unlosk the file."
Is there something I missed?
Pete

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Jun 13, 2004
"Could not saved because file is locked. Use "Properties" command in Windows Explorer to unlosk the file."

and did you do that?
PC
Peter_Crane
Jun 13, 2004
Use "Properties" command in Windows Explorer to unlock the file." Kind of vague.I’m a PS novice but not a Windows novice.
The Book tells me to click on the "unlock.bat" that’s copied over to my HD with the Lessons which I did.
"Use "properties" command" leads me to believe I should have a DOS command window open which I do not.
Could you lead me a bit.
I’m not familiar with this type of instruction.
Pete
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 13, 2004
open windows explorer to the folder where you copied the files. select them all (crtl-a) right click. that opens the "properties" window. uncheck the box that says "read-only". and there you go. 🙂
PC
Peter_Crane
Jun 13, 2004
Dave,
After checking for the "Read-only" in Explorer, and finding it unchecked for all folders, I retraced my actions and found that I was using the "Lessons" from my D: CD-ROM Drive that still had the "Adobe Classroom" CD in it and not the lessons in C:/PS70_CIB folder where I copied them.
Of course, you cannot save files to a CD Read-only folder. I withdraw my comment about "not" being a Windows novice, acknowledge my shoddy oversite, and a "Big Thank You" for your quick response and help.
Pete (Red face) Crane
BTW, I find this Photoshop fasinating. All this without my C++, Perl, Java, etc.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 13, 2004
no problem.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections