P
Posted By
Pvest
Nov 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using a HP scanjet 3570c scanner together with HP scanner software. Right now I’m in a process of scanning many of my old photos from albums into digital format and save it on my harddrive.

In using HP scanner software within PaintShopPro 8 (twain) when scanning.

After scanning I’m saving all the photos on a harddrive (not C: drive) in TIFF (LZW) format, because I believe(d) this was the best format.

BUT big problems appear when I’m finished with an album and try to go back and open them again. Some are corrupt and can’t be opened; some have lots of horizontal black strips across the picture. Although I open many of the pictures right after having saved and closed them, for to se if they really are alright and they all looks nice!. But when trying to open them later, many of them are corrupted as mention above.

Can anyone advise me here, is this a PaintShopPro8 problem or a HP scanning software problem or something totally different????

I hate to have to do the scanning job twice because of things like this and I need some advises how to prevent scanned and saved photos becoming corrupt, without any error messages during the operations!!

Regards

Pvest

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

ER
Ed Ruf
Nov 10, 2004
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:33:38 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "Pvest" wrote:

I’m using a HP scanjet 3570c scanner together with HP scanner software. Right now I’m in a process of scanning many of my old photos from albums into digital format and save it on my harddrive.

You are aware there was a patched release to PSP8.1, correct?

________________________________________________________ Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com
P
Pvest
Nov 10, 2004
"Ed Ruf" skrev i melding
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:33:38 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "Pvest" wrote:

Damn…, no I was not aware of that. I went to Jasc.com and red about the update and saw there were a few fixes conserning TIF files, but not sure of if this will fix my problems!??
But will sertenly download it and give it a try.
Thanks.

Pvest
ER
Ed Ruf
Nov 10, 2004
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:33:51 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "Pvest" wrote:

"Ed Ruf" skrev i melding

Damn…, no I was not aware of that. I went to Jasc.com and red about the update and saw there were a few fixes conserning TIF files, but not sure of if this will fix my problems!??
But will sertenly download it and give it a try.

It’s been so long I can’t remember whether the problem I had similar to yours was in V7 or 8.0. I do know now in V8.1 I don’t have an issue with LZW compressed TIFFs. Also does it have to be this format. PNG will give you lossless compression as well, or even JPG2000, though it’s not as widely supported as of yet.
________________________________________________________ Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
http://EdwardGRuf.com
H
Hecate
Nov 11, 2004
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:33:38 +0100, "Pvest" wrote:

You’re more likely to get answers in a PaintShop Pro group than here.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
P
Pvest
Nov 17, 2004
Sorry, but I only found one PSP group-forum (Jasc.com) and there were only a few postings

"Hecate" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:33:38 +0100, "Pvest" wrote:
You’re more likely to get answers in a PaintShop Pro group than here.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections