PS
Posted By
Pete_Schlatter
Feb 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I get this occasionally when trying to save a document. For example I will save to a file many times then suddenly this alert pops up with the message "Could not save as "path\filename" because the file is already in use or was left open". Even after quitting PShop the file cannot even be deleted by the OS.

Any ideas?

PShop 7.0
WIN XP SP1
P4 3Ghz HyperThrd
1GB Ram

Pete

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
Malameel
Feb 17, 2004
This is a weird thing with PS. However, after rebooting, it should be fine, untill this anomoly comes up again. If you do a search, the problem has been discussed in detail here. However, I just can’t remenber how to disable that dll. It has to do with the thumbnails and why PSCS doesn’t have thumbnails anymore.
WC
william_craft
Feb 18, 2004
I have been getting that error msg as well. I am working on a network with PS CS. I tried the re-boot thing but lost the file I was working on. Luckily we were able to get a new file from the .tmp files PS CS had put into the folder where the file that I was working on was (which is strange in and of itself). The only other way around I’ve found is to save the file to my local hard drive and then copy it back to the network. This doesn’t always work though so I have to remember where all my frelling files are that have been subject to this error.

billy
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 18, 2004
search for, them rename or delete psicon.dll
M
MacTheKnife
Sep 10, 2004
I had that problem in PS6. I fixed it by disabling thumbnails. Go to
-edit
-preferences
-saving files
-change "Image Previews" setting to "never save"

Wrote:
I get this occasionally when trying to save a document. For example I will save to a file many times then suddenly this alert pops up with the message "Could not save as "path\filename" because the file is already in use or was left open". Even after quitt
ing PShop the file cannot even be deleted by the OS.

Any ideas?

PShop 7.0
WIN XP SP1
P4 3Ghz HyperThrd
1GB Ram

Pete

MacTheKnife

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections