GB
Posted By
Grant_Blankenship
May 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve tried to install PS 7 on my iBook running Mac OS 10.2.8. When I start up photoshop, the initialization gets as far as "reading fonts", then quits starting up, everytime. If I tell PS 7 to open in Classic environment, it does so without a hitch. What is the problem?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

G
graffiti
May 19, 2004
Maybe you have a corrupt font in one of the System X font folders.
GB
Grant_Blankenship
May 20, 2004
How do find if one of the fonts is corrupt?
B
Buko
May 20, 2004
Turn them all off.

Get a font manager like FontAgent Pro or Suitcase

You can download a fully functional demo of each
SM
steve_moakley
May 20, 2004
I hope I am in the right place. I am trying to install PS 7 on my PowerBook G4 with OS 10.3.3. I just had to re-install the OS due to some issues and am re-installing all my programs. when I go to install PS 7, it tells me it cannot install bc "Classic cannot find a MAc OS 9 system folder on the startup disk to use." it says you may need to install OS 9.1 or later, but I already have 10.3.3. I do not have OS 9 on here as a Classic option though. What do I need to do?
GB
g_ballard
May 20, 2004
I just had to re-install the OS due to some issues

Did you Erase Install StartFromScratch?

If not, you may want to try that for a fresh start, you may still be dinking around with corrupted remnants of the previous install.

You may also want to review the FAQ, the other revellent threads here, the troubleshooting link above and come back with what you have ruled out, an update…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections