Posted By
Keef_Snow
Apr 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
As posted in my original message:
CindyDan "Icons get screwed up in OSX/PS7.0.1… any fix?" 4/7/04 6:43pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/2>

This workaround was provided to me, and it solves the problem, at least for me:

"Why don’t you save the files without using PS’s ‘image preview’ option? It’s a superfluous thing on Mac OS X anyway. Actually, it’s worse than superfluous: PS creates a bitmap thumbnail; Mac OS X will create a fully anti-aliased thumbnail on-the-fly with live icon resizing/anti-aliasing capability.

Turn it off and forget about it.

You just need to set the view options for the folder you intend to save the image files in. Open the folder (or just click on the Desktop, if that’s the one you’re concerned about), pull down the View menu, and go to Show View Options. Check "Show Icon Preview."

This works perfectly for me, hope it does for you!

– Scott

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 12, 2004

1) it’s not superfluous, OS X can’t read many of the file formats that Photoshop writes

2) No, OS X takes quite a while to create those thumbnails and applications are supposed to save the thumbnail when saving the document.

3) Even then, the icons can get screwed up — you’re seeing a known bug in OS X.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections