W
Posted By
webbolts
Sep 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using PS 7.0.1 on XP Pro, and whenever I save a jpg file and burn it to disc, the filenames dislay completely different on a Mac.

For example, in PS on my XP machine, I’ll save a jpg as ‘D345_451.jpg’. On a Mac it displays as ‘W000_0001.jpg’.

I’m not sure if this is a Mac or Windows issue, so apalogies in advance for cross-posting this in both PS forums.

Thanks very much.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave milbut
Sep 5, 2003
bump… any mackies out there seen this or similar?
P
Phosphor
Sep 5, 2003
Nope, I rarely have problems with filenames between OSes (and then it’s usually a path delimiter character like /\|: )
DM
Don McCahill
Sep 5, 2003
I have had a problem too, but only with CDs. The Mac only recieves an 8.3 filename, which is a real pain in the butt. I understand it is part of the protocol used between CD formats, and was told that there was a solution, but the person said he forgot what it was.
PH
Photo Help
Sep 5, 2003
webbolts,

Are you sure you are creating a standard data CD. That is a total change in file names with standard characters as well.

When you look at the CD (After it is burned) the file name is still as it should be?

What mode and file system are you using?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections