P
Posted By
Phosphor
Sep 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve read and re-read the tutorials on "layers" but I can’t seem to find how to open a new image in a layered project already containing images.

Thanks,
Rusty K

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Sep 29, 2003
Rusty,

Automatically when you COPY/PASTE from anywhere (including another image) it pastes into a new layer. To first get the image to copy, you must first select it (use the retangular selection tool and outline the whole (or any part) of the image you wish to add, then copy it. Now go back to your other image (if not the same) and paste it. You’ll have it in a new layer. The original will still exist. You can also Drag n Drop this selection into the other image using the Move tool also with the same effect.

Bob
KR
K, Rusty
Sep 29, 2003
Bob,

Thank you so very much for your help. I’ve already tried it and it works. I had tried copying and pasting without success because I didn’t use the rectangular selecting tool.

I knew it must be something easy I was missing.

Thanks again,
Rusty K
RJ
Robert_Jiroutek
Oct 1, 2003
I am following a tutorial using "paste into" to put an image inside of text in a tex layer.. I follow the directions exactly but when it’s time to "paste into" , the command is grayed out under edit.
What should I look at?

Thanks in advance,

Bob J
JF
Jodi_Frye
Oct 1, 2003
Robert, i remember running accross that problem once or twice with the ‘paste into’..I think it has to do with the fact that it’s a full photoshop tutorial ?? Anyways, in the recipes palette you’ll find what you need to do listed under ‘ enhance text’ > ‘fill text with picture’…real simple. it may steer you of course of your tutorial though…maybe not.
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 1, 2003
Bob, tell us a little bit more about your project and where you found the tutorial. Maybe someone else has used the same one and can help you. It doesn’t sound familiar to me, and I don’t want to give you a different set of instructions that’ll just be more confusing.
RJ
Robert_Jiroutek
Oct 2, 2003
Thanks Beth and Jodi!!

Jodi, you nailed this one! My lesson was referring to full PS. The recipe you pointed to subs perfectly into my tutorial (actually about using a Wacom tablet).

Thanks again.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections