Posted By
chance_mcgee
Feb 11, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi there,

I have a fairly simple problem and I browsed through all the different FAQs to find it but nothing came up. In any case, my question is how do you select multiple files (in this case PNGs) and open them as individual layers on one file instead of opening them as separate files?

easy huh? I’m a noob ok.

thanks

-Chance

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DS
Dennis_S
Feb 11, 2009
You don’t mention what version of PS you are using, but one way is to download and install Dr. Brown’s Services from Russell Brown’s site:

<http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html>

One the the scripts in those services is "Stack-a-Matic", which loads multiple images as different layers in the same PS file.

FYI – The title you used for the thread is not what you are asking for in your post.
CM
chance_mcgee
Feb 11, 2009
oh thanks, I’m using CS4 64bit. I saw that action script but I thought it was just for CS3, I’m not sure though. But what do you think would be a better title for this question, I kinda thought it wasn’t clear too.

thanks Dennis.
WE
Wolf_Eilers
Feb 12, 2009
In Bridge CS4: Tools > Photoshop > Load Files into Photoshop Layers

In Photoshop CS4: File > Scripts > Load Files into Stack

By the way, Adobe has recognized that "Load Files into Stack" is incorrectly worded. Read this: <http://www.scottkelby.com/blog/2009/archives/3281>
DS
Dennis_S
Feb 12, 2009
Russell Brown has a CS4 version of his services.

As Wolf points out, if you have CS4 then you already have access to a script that will also do what you want. I happened to notice though, that the built-in script and the Russell Brown script work slightly differently. The RB script will crop all images based on the first one loaded. The built-in script will apparently use the dimensions of the largest image.

It was a nit but I thought the title of the thread would be more accurate as "Help opening multiple images as layers in a single file" or something like that.
CM
chance_mcgee
Feb 12, 2009
Alright thanks Dennis and Wolf I figured it out. I didn’t think anyone would reply this fast, thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections