How to copy adjustment layer to many images?

LH
Posted By
Linda_Hirsch
Oct 18, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can drag an adjustment layer to many images one at a time. Strangely, it seem the adjustment layer , edit, copy, is grayed out making it impossible to copy it over in masse.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 18, 2005
I drag the adjustment layer onto the New icon at the bottom of the layers palette. Give that a try.
LH
Linda_Hirsch
Oct 18, 2005
great for one image.
what if you want that adjusment layers to go on 20 other images? thanks
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 18, 2005
Ah. Gotcha. No quick way that I can think of, unless you create an action.
D
d-signer
Oct 18, 2005
You can duplicate any layer(s) to any open doc. Layer > Duplicate …

Another way is just drag AL from one doc to another.

You can write an Action with adding AL to current doc and then temporarily use it in Script Event Manager to all opening files.

–Kostya
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 18, 2005
If the adjustment layer is an image adjustment like Curves or Levels it makes more sense to save its settings to a folder of your choice. Then just invoke it on other images in a simple action. This could be done for more than one adjustment per action.

You can save as many different adjustments as you wish, for example "Reduce blue cast", "Make colours snap", etc, etc.
LH
Linda_Hirsch
Oct 19, 2005
that’s cool, but it’s no faster than dragging over one at a time.

I guess there is nothing (feature request?), that would apply the adjustment layer -levels- to 20 opened or even better unopened jpegs.
CC
Conrad_Chavez
Oct 19, 2005
There is a way.

Take a sample image, set the levels you want, then click the Save button and save those settings as an .alv file on disk.

Now record an action where you open Levels, click Load, and load that levels .alv file.

Finally, choose File > Automate > Batch and run that action on a folder full of your images.
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 19, 2005
Conrad, that works nicely for levels and curves, but not with other adjustment layers. So the question is, which does she need.
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 19, 2005
Conrad, did you read post #5?

Tony, true – I didn’t check which other adjustments can have settings saved.
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 19, 2005
well, you can’t save color adjustment layers, nor patterns. You have to actionize them.
CC
Conrad_Chavez
Oct 19, 2005
Well John, I guess I should have read post #5 more closely! Linda (post #6), it is faster than dragging if you build an action out of it.

YrbkMgr, post #6 seems to mention the Levels adjustment layer as the one to be automated, so it looked like saving settings is relevant here.
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 19, 2005
Ah. Good eye Conrad; I missed it. Sorry.
LH
Linda_Hirsch
Oct 20, 2005
that sound good Conrad. I’ll keep the info, but I think it’s good for like 50 to 100 images.

For 5-10, not sure it it’s faster than dragging. Can’t have everything.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections