can’t add images to layer. When new image addes it creates a new layer. I want it to be addes to the

JF
Posted By
Joe_Ford
Apr 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JF
Jodi_Frye
Apr 4, 2004
this is how I do it…open first, then open second and put them side my side…use move tool and drag one image on top of the other…hold down shift key to keep image centered over the other. Now both images will appear in the layers palette…one over the other.

Some folk also like to use the copy paste commands which works just as well.
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 4, 2004
Hmmm. I didn’t even understand this question (still don’t!), so my answer on the other post is way off base! Boy, it’s a good thing Jodi is around! 🙂
DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 4, 2004
It sounds to me like Joe is trying to put two images on one layer. To do that he’d have to merge the two layers into one, once they were positioned to his liking.

So, Joe, is that it, or did you have something else in mind?

Dick
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 4, 2004
I think he accidentally got two posts up asking the same thing in two different ways, and I think he worked it out under the other one. I think. 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections