JF
Posted By
Joe_Ford
Dec 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a layer and want to add selections from a differen image. When I select another image I can’t place my selection in the first layer image.
Help thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 17, 2003
Joe, how are you defining "layer"? To add a selection from a different image to an existing one:

Have the Layers palette open on your desktop.

Open the main image – the one you want to add to. Double click on the Background image in the Layers palette to simplify it.

Open the image containing the selection you want to add to the first one.

Slide the two images around on your screen so you can see both.

Get the "marching ants" around the selection you want to move, then choose the Move tool. Click/hold on the selection, and drag and drop it on to the first image. It should appear on the first image and show as a new layer.
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 17, 2003
Joe,

Make sure you have the Layers Palette visible on the side of your workarea. Double click "background" layers always first thing and accept the offer to rename to Layer 0.

Open your second image, rename the background layer, use one of the selection tools to isolate that portion of the image you wish to move to the first image. You can; #1– place the selection on a layer above your image and drag that layer and drop it on your second image #2—after selecting that portion, go to Edit>copy, click on the first image and Edit>Paste will add it on a new layer. Use the Move tool to drag it into position or for fine adjustments use the arrow keys on keyboard.

Nancy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections