JF
Posted By
Joe_Ford
Jun 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a bottom layer. When I click on a new image,it becomes the bottom layer. How can I add to layers?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 12, 2004
Ah yes, the unmistakable first hurdle of Elements ( this one bugged me for a while when i first got the program )…One way; bring in both images and go to toolbar>Window>tile. This will put the images side by side. Grab the move tool and drag one image over the other ( hold down shift key to keep the image centered over the other ). Now both images will appear in your layers palette. Double click on ‘background’ layer to make it an editable layer. Work on a copy. After you’ve jumped the hurdle we are here when and if you need more assisitance. Oh, some use the copy/paste command as well.
JC
Jane Carter
Jun 12, 2004
Hi Jodi, Thank you! I never did it this way, its fast and good. Jane
JF
Joe_Ford
Jun 12, 2004
Thanks Jodi>I’m sure I’ll call on you again. I have 3 books on PE2,but none of them are very good at explaining the simple topics.
Thanks again.
Joe
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 12, 2004
Goodmorning Jane 🙂 Sun up in the upper NE today ? It is here. Very bright and a little chilly. Weather has been nuts ! Last week we had 2 days bumping 95 and then it dropped to 60-70’s! (46 last night! ) Freekish ! I used to do the copy paste thing to …at first…but found this way a bit simpler…I don’t usually use the actual ’tile’ step ( just grab the title frames manually and move them side by side )…but the option is there anyways. Have a great day !
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 12, 2004
thanks Joe, we are always here when you need us.
JC
Jane Carter
Jun 12, 2004
Hi Jodi, Yes the sun is out full, and it is about time. We sure have had a cold and wet spring. The flowers and grass is happy, but we have only been out in the boat once and haven’t been able to swim yet. The dogs swim, but humans no. Maybe after a G+T, I would go in, but the water is not even 60 degrees yet here.
Bad weather equals more PSE, so I cant complain.
Your tips and hints are the greatest!
Jane
CK
C_Kersey
Jun 21, 2004
When using a faded B&W image, the tool cursors fade into the background and are difficult and sometimes impossible to locate.
Is there a way to change the cursors for this situation so they can be easily seen? I am aware of the Edit-Preferences-Display&Cursors
options but cannot correct the problem by using this. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Cecil
CR
Chris_Rankin
Jun 21, 2004
Cecil,
The only way I’ve found to deal with that is to turn mouse trails on in your mouse options. It helps a littel, hopefully someone will come along with a better way.

CR
JC
Jane Carter
Jun 21, 2004
I think that you can download cursors and install larger ones, and ones like stars and shapes that are more visible.
I had some that I used on my old Mac with OS 9. I do remember I had one that you could turn white and other colors depending on whatever background you were using. You could reverse the colors and make them sort of shimmer.
Unfortunately I don’t have any on my new Mac, but I think a Google search would give you some ideas.
Good luck,
Jane
TF
Terri_Foster
Jun 21, 2004
Jane,

I don’t think that will work for the tools in PSE. I run the Windows 3-D bronze cursor and it’s bronze inside PSE but my cursor doesn’t stay bronze while inside the photo box.

Terri

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections