Posted By
jean-pierre_zacaropoulos
Aug 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I am using Photoshop CS and was having the same problem with the locked layers. So now that I have been able to place a picture on the new background layer, how do I resize the picture I just moved onto it to make more room for others?

I do not seem to be able to do this. I tried resizing the picture before I moved it, but it goes back to original size of the picture once it is moved onto the background main layer. If I try to select it, it selects the whole new layer.

I unlocked all layers, even the blank background one

I am new at this and apologize if the answer is obvious.

Thanks in advance

Jean-Pierre

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DP
Donkey_Punch
Aug 14, 2004
I think the answer is somewhere in the manual.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 14, 2004
to expound… while on the new layer, hit Crtl-T (free transform if you want to look it up in the manual or online help) hold the shift key and drag a corner to resize the image. (holding the shift key keeps the image "proportionate" (doesn’t stretch or squish the image). when you’re done and have it at the right size, either hit enter or click the green check mark in the option bar to "commit" the size change. use the move tool to position it where ever you want.
JS
John_Slate
Aug 14, 2004
I tried resizing the picture before I moved it, but it goes back to original size of the picture once it is moved onto the background main layer

That is because when you resized it before you moved it you did not have "resample" checked in the image size dialog.
JZ
jean-pierre_zacaropoulos
Aug 16, 2004
All

Thanks and I will try it tonight.

BTW, the manual is not easy to read, even with the online one. I am stationed in Nanjing, China so it is not easy to just go out and get a how to book , uless one reads Chinese :-). I bought one from the states, but it will be 2 or 3 weeks before I get it.

Again thanks to all and I hope I soon can repay the favor and help.

Regards,

J-P

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections