LH
Posted By
Lawrence_Hudetz
May 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
New Layer>Overlay>Fill 50% neutral gray.

I need to fill with the color of the image rather than neutral (toned image, already flattened) instead of Neutral Gray.

Any way?
CS1

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

C
Corey
May 15, 2005
wrote in message
New Layer>Overlay>Fill 50% neutral gray.

I need to fill with the color of the image rather than neutral (toned
image, already flattened) instead of Neutral Gray.
Any way?
CS1

Select the desired color and fill the new layer with the Paint Bucket.

An alternative is to:
1. click on the New Layer Icon
2. Set Blending Mode to Overlay
3. Set Fill to 50%
4. Fill with the color of your choice

Peadge 🙂
C
chrisjbirchall
May 16, 2005
Not quite sure from your post what it is you wish to achieve. But how about creating a new layer, then changing the mode to overlay, then use Edit>Fill to fill with the colour of your choice?
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
May 16, 2005
Actually, if you do New Layer> Overlay>Fill with 50% neutral, you can then use the brush to either dodge or burn far better than dodge/burn. It responds differently and,IMO far better than the Dodge tool. If you opt to lighten, the color relationship remains, but if you opt to darken it adds neutral gray, which, in my case, is adding neutral to a gentle sepia, rendering that area bluish appearing.

I normally use this before doing any toning, and retain everything in layers so that the effect balances out nicely. Doing as a Fill Layer does work, and is the way I got around the current problem, but I am looking down the road a bit.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections