Posted By
David_P._Coffin
Feb 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greetings
I teach PSCS2 at a community college. Our Lab is all Windows machines, for which I’m NOT the tech guy; they were upgraded to CS2 this semester. On about a third of the machines, we’re noticing that when new layers are created either by dragging or using Crtl-J, the layer or selection comes in with transform handles, sort of thin ones, not as dark as the ones that appear when we hit Crtl-T (which we can activate even on top of these automatically appearing handles), and there’s no way to dismiss them. Neither the Enter key nor the Confirm check (if that’s even visible) have any effect. The only way out we’ve so far found is to undo the drag or new-layer command, and demo the expected behavior on another machine. Could this possibly be the result of some kind of setting I never heard of, should we reinstall on these machines. or…??

Many thanks for any suggestions; can get more info about the lab computers if needed, and can also poke a bit deeper into the symptoms if that would help.
dcoffin

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DR
Donald_Reese
Feb 6, 2007
Maybe i am oversimplifying here ,but it sounds like you have the v-key hit when you make the new layer.switch to the lasso or something and see if it disappears.
P
Phosphor
Feb 6, 2007
Heya, Perfesser…

Look at the Options Bar when you have the Move Tool selected.

Is "Show Bounding Box" checked?

Experiment with that.
DR
Donald_Reese
Feb 6, 2007
Good point, i forgot i had that checked on my machine,and it is important to this question.
DP
David_P._Coffin
Feb 6, 2007
That must be it…thanks guys:)
dc
LL
Larry_Ligon
Feb 6, 2007
There is an option on the Preferences General page.

Uncheck the box next to Resize image during Paste/Place

Larry
DP
David_P._Coffin
Feb 6, 2007
Actually tried that one already, Larry; didn’t help tho it seemed like it should have; thanks anyway. Back in the Lab tomorrow, will report:)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections