How do I apply a text layer to multiple images?

DE
Posted By
Dan E
May 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Re. my previous question about embossing SAMPLE on photographic art – is there a way to save the embossing layer, then apply it to other images (Photoshop CS – PC)? I know I’m giving strong hints about the depth of my ignorance…

Thanks in anticipation,

Dan E

Dan E
webbie(removethis)@preferredcountry.com

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

HL
Harry Limey
May 15, 2005
"Dan E" <webbie(removethis)@preferredcountry.com> wrote in message
Re. my previous question about embossing SAMPLE on photographic art – is there a way to save the embossing layer, then apply it to other images (Photoshop CS – PC)? I know I’m giving strong hints about the depth of my ignorance…

Thanks in anticipation,

Dan E

Dan E
The best way would be to create an action – for that you need to read the help files!!
D
Dave
May 15, 2005
On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:32:52 -0500, "Dan E"
<webbie(removethis)@preferredcountry.com> wrote:

Thanks in anticipation,

Dan E

By saving it as a action, Dan.

Where do you live in South Africa?
And if you do not live in SA
why on earth does your
email address says ‘preferredcountry’?:-)))
DE
Dan E
May 15, 2005
Thanks, Dave. OT – Odd you should mention preferred country – spent half my life in Australia, which is my preferred country – now living in Tennessee, working as a Realtor – trying to find a cricket pitch for a bunch of ex-pats from SA, Zambia etc…..

Dan E
"Dave" wrote in message

Thanks in anticipation,

Dan E

By saving it as a action, Dan.

Where do you live in South Africa?
And if you do not live in SA
why on earth does your
email address says ‘preferredcountry’?:-)))

DE
Dan E
May 15, 2005
Thanks, Harry. Sigh. There was me hoping there was a nice easy way to save the layer, then apply it (manually) to a succession of photos. Ah well. Guess I’ll have to hit the books some more.

Thanks again,

Dan E.
"Harry Limey" <harrylimey[@]lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
Re. my previous question about embossing SAMPLE on photographic art – is there a way to save the embossing layer, then apply it to other images (Photoshop CS – PC)? I know I’m giving strong hints about the depth of my
ignorance…

Thanks in anticipation,

Dan E

Dan E
The best way would be to create an action – for that you need to read the help files!!

D
Dave
May 15, 2005
On Sun, 15 May 2005 15:46:28 -0500, "Dan E"

Thanks, Dave. OT – Odd you should mention preferred country – spent half my life in Australia, which is my preferred country – now living in Tennessee, working as a Realtor – trying to find a cricket pitch for a bunch of ex-pats from SA, Zambia etc…..

lol… found it surprising that there could be a ‘preferred country’ other rhen SA, Dan.

recording a action is quite simple, Dan. But you must know beforehand which road you intend following (talking about commands). ********************************************************* To add commands to an action
Do one of the following:
Select the action name to insert a new command at the end of the action.
Select a command in the action to insert a command after it. Click the Record button, or choose Start Recording from the Actions palette menu.
Record the additional commands.
Click the Stop button to stop recording.

Dave
H
Hecate
May 15, 2005

Thanks in anticipation,

Dan E

Save whichever set of instructions you used as an action. Then run the action over each image.

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
DE
Dan E
May 15, 2005
Many thanks, Dave – I get the gist. Preferred Country (Realty) is the name of our real estate company. Spent first half of my life in England, 2nd half in Oz, last 3 years in TN – and I’m a retired physicist, of all things…

Thanks again.

Dan E.

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 May 2005 15:46:28 -0500, "Dan E"

Thanks, Dave. OT – Odd you should mention preferred country – spent half my
life in Australia, which is my preferred country – now living in Tennessee,
working as a Realtor – trying to find a cricket pitch for a bunch of ex-pats
from SA, Zambia etc…..

lol… found it surprising that there could be a ‘preferred country’ other rhen SA, Dan.

recording a action is quite simple, Dan. But you must know beforehand which road you intend following (talking about commands). ********************************************************* To add commands to an action
Do one of the following:
Select the action name to insert a new command at the end of the action.
Select a command in the action to insert a command after it. Click the Record button, or choose Start Recording from the Actions palette menu.
Record the additional commands.
Click the Stop button to stop recording.

Dave

C
Corey
May 15, 2005

Thanks in anticipation,

Dan E

Dan E

If creating an action is too hard, just copy the text layer to a new file and save it as a PSD file. Then open it and drag it to each file and position it where you want it to be. Make sure it’s the top layer!

Peadge 🙂
DE
Dan E
May 15, 2005
Many thanks, Peadge – I only have a dozen or so to do, and this way will do me fine, thanks. Actions I’ll work on when I really have to 🙂 – It’s not that it’s too hard, but it all takes time….

Thanks again,

Dan E
"Peadge" wrote in message
Re. my previous question about embossing SAMPLE on photographic art – is there a way to save the embossing layer, then apply it to other images (Photoshop CS – PC)? I know I’m giving strong hints about the depth of my
ignorance…

Thanks in anticipation,

Dan E

Dan E

If creating an action is too hard, just copy the text layer to a new file and save it as a PSD file. Then open it and drag it to each file and position it where you want it to be. Make sure it’s the top layer!
Peadge 🙂

DE
Dan E
May 15, 2005
Thanks, Hecate.

Dan E
"Hecate" wrote in message

Thanks in anticipation,

Dan E

Save whichever set of instructions you used as an action. Then run the action over each image.

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
N
noone
May 16, 2005
In article <czOhe.26388$>,
says…
Thanks, Harry. Sigh. There was me hoping there was a nice easy way to save the layer, then apply it (manually) to a succession of photos. Ah well. Guess I’ll have to hit the books some more.

Thanks again,

Dan E.
ignorance…

Thanks in anticipation,

Dan E

Dan E

The best thing to do is Copy your new Layer to a New File, Save, then call the New File, Ctrl-a (Select All), Ctrl-c (Copy), then make your target File active, and Ctrl-v (Paste) as a new Layer. Be aware that the resolution/image -size of the files (Layers in this case) must be the same, to get the "Sample" to look as you plan. If you have many different rez/sized files, you can do several versions of this "logo" file, sized to match. For this you might want to forego some of the above mentioned steps, and manually Open (specific image sized logo file) do a Crtl-a, Ctrl-c, to place its Layer into memory, and then run an action to do the Paste into each target file, of that size. From the File>Automate menu, you can do it to an entire target folder. First place all images of a particular rez/image size into a folder, say 1024×1280, 640×480, etc. so you have each rez/size together, then File>Automate>Action on that entire folder. File>Automate is in CS/CS2, but I cannot remember if it is also in PS v7 – someone will comment on that, I hope.

Hunt
K
KatWoman
May 16, 2005
I already answered that in my orignal reply..
use the action palette, record the embossing action, run it on any photo., or run it on a batch.

Thanks in anticipation,

Dan E

Dan E
K
KatWoman
May 16, 2005
actions are to SAVE time, but if you want manual do what peadge said

Many thanks, Peadge – I only have a dozen or so to do, and this way will do me fine, thanks. Actions I’ll work on when I really have to 🙂 – It’s not that it’s too hard, but it all takes time….

Thanks again,

Dan E
"Peadge" wrote in message
ignorance…

Thanks in anticipation,

Dan E

Dan E

Peadge 🙂

K
KatWoman
May 16, 2005
sorry my original reply does not seem to be here

"KatWoman" wrote in message
use the action palette, record the embossing action, run it on any photo., or run it on a batch.

Thanks in anticipation,

Dan E

Dan E

DE
Dan E
May 18, 2005
Many thanks, Hunt.

Dan E
"Hunt" wrote in message
In article <czOhe.26388$>,
says…
Thanks, Harry. Sigh. There was me hoping there was a nice easy way to save
the layer, then apply it (manually) to a succession of photos. Ah well. Guess I’ll have to hit the books some more.

Thanks again,

Dan E.
Re. my previous question about embossing SAMPLE on photographic art – is
there a way to save the embossing layer, then apply it to other images (Photoshop CS – PC)? I know I’m giving strong hints about the depth of my
ignorance…

Thanks in anticipation,

Dan E

Dan E
The best way would be to create an action – for that you need to read the
help files!!

The best thing to do is Copy your new Layer to a New File, Save, then call the
New File, Ctrl-a (Select All), Ctrl-c (Copy), then make your target File active, and Ctrl-v (Paste) as a new Layer. Be aware that the resolution/image
-size of the files (Layers in this case) must be the same, to get the "Sample"
to look as you plan. If you have many different rez/sized files, you can do
several versions of this "logo" file, sized to match. For this you might want
to forego some of the above mentioned steps, and manually Open (specific image
sized logo file) do a Crtl-a, Ctrl-c, to place its Layer into memory, and then
run an action to do the Paste into each target file, of that size. From the
File>Automate menu, you can do it to an entire target folder. First place all
images of a particular rez/image size into a folder, say 1024×1280, 640×480,
etc. so you have each rez/size together, then File>Automate>Action on that entire folder. File>Automate is in CS/CS2, but I cannot remember if it is also
in PS v7 – someone will comment on that, I hope.

Hunt
DE
Dan E
May 18, 2005
Thanks, Kat – your original reply was in my (slightly) earlier post on a similar topic.

Dan E
"KatWoman" wrote in message

Thanks in anticipation,

Dan E

Dan E

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections