RC
Posted By
Rich_Carroll
Apr 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can’t find the shortcut to change multiple text layers at the same time. Let’s say I have 10 layers that all use Arial 14pt, how do I change them all to Arial 12pt quickly? I thought there was a keyboard command, but I can’t find it.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Apr 15, 2004
Curator "Changing Multiple Linked Type Layers" 10/25/03 6:18pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>

Check the rest of the "Photoshop Lounge Resource Repository" threads while you’re at it.

Good info lives there.
L
LRK
Apr 15, 2004
Link all text layers. Hold down the shift key then click on the Text tool and make changes. They should reflect in all the linked Text layers.
P
Phosphor
Apr 15, 2004
Oh, hey…good one, Linda!

😉
RC
Rich_Carroll
Apr 15, 2004
Thanks for the info, but I wasn’t able for the life of me to make this work. Turns out that you have to make the edit on the character pallette, not the toolbar in order for it to effect the other linked layers.
Once I did that it was fine.
Can someone confirm this behavior, and post this as a bug? Although we purchased several thousand seats, Adobe still wants us to pay a incident fee to report any problems or bugs.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 16, 2004
Linda’s method works for me in CS — but you MUST hold down the Shift key. And it works whether you use the Options bar or the Character palette.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections