P
Posted By
Peter
Mar 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to cs2 and I have always used the marquee tool to crop and straighten (level) my horizons etc. I’m not sure what I’ve setup in cs but I’ve always chosen my items with the marquee, tuned them with the handles and then hit crop under the image menu, everything came out level and cropped. Now in cs2 I have to hit the move tool or transform menu and the crop is still crooked and if I use the move tool, distorted. I’m sure it’s a simple check mark or should I go to the crop menu instead of this old fashion cropping method? Is there any interpolation in cs2 while cropping?

Thanks

Peter S

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Peter
Mar 18, 2006
Even when I use the elliptical marquee, in the past I always had the handle bars and when I selected crop, it would delete outside the selection (marquee), now it only squares it to the extremes of the selection. I get a circle selection in a box photo. I used to only be left with the circle and nothing extra. This must be in the setup options? Anyone know?

Peter S

"Peter" wrote in message
I’m new to cs2 and I have always used the marquee tool to crop and straighten (level) my horizons etc. I’m not sure what I’ve setup in cs but I’ve always chosen my items with the marquee, tuned them with the handles and then hit crop under the image menu, everything came out level and cropped. Now in cs2 I have to hit the move tool or transform menu and the crop is still crooked and if I use the move tool, distorted. I’m sure it’s a simple check mark or should I go to the crop menu instead of this old fashion cropping method? Is there any interpolation in cs2 while cropping?
Thanks

Peter S
E
edjh
Mar 19, 2006
Peter wrote:
Even when I use the elliptical marquee, in the past I always had the handle bars and when I selected crop, it would delete outside the selection (marquee), now it only squares it to the extremes of the selection. I get a circle selection in a box photo. I used to only be left with the circle and nothing extra. This must be in the setup options? Anyone know?
Peter S

"Peter" wrote in message

Thanks

Peter S
You may have been using the Move tool with Show Bounding Box checked in the Options Bar. Crops are always rectangular by definition, and always have been. Maybe you were inversing the selection and Deleting?

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections