S
Posted By
Sanjin
Feb 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have picture that has dimensions 800px x 600px.

I want to select portion of the picture (i.e. 700px x 100px) with rectangular marquee tool. Then with the copy merged and paste make new picture – banner.

I found the free transform/transform option but there is only percent scaling option and not pixels?

Thanks in advance, Sanjin

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
ronviers
Feb 19, 2008
On Feb 19, 3:23 am, "Sanjin" wrote:

I want to select portion of the picture (i.e. 700px x 100px) with rectangular marquee tool. Then with the copy merged and paste make new picture – banner.

I found the free transform/transform option but there is only percent scaling option and not pixels?

Thanks in advance, Sanjin

Marquee will snap to guides, which can be configured using either percent or pixels.
N
nomail
Feb 19, 2008
Sanjin wrote:

The marguee tool can be set to select a certain number of pixels in width and height, in the tool bar at the top of your screen. First select ‘Fixed Size’ as Style, the you can fill in the size.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections