WD
Posted By
Walter Donavan
Mar 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Not the selection itself. Just the marquee. Example: I have an elliptical selection marquee around an eye and want to copy it to use on the other eye. Four Photoshop books and the Help and I can’t find the answer. 🙁

Photoshop 7. Many thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

E
edjh
Mar 1, 2005
Walter Donavan wrote:
Not the selection itself. Just the marquee. Example: I have an elliptical selection marquee around an eye and want to copy it to use on the other eye. Four Photoshop books and the Help and I can’t find the answer. 🙁
There’s probably a better way, but try this: make marquee, hit Q for Quickmask. With Move tool (or CTRL) move the "selection" over to the other eye. Then go Select>Reselect. The original marquee will show up. Fill with (or erase to) white and hit Q again. Now you’ll have two marquees.

Easier to do than describe.

By the way, by holding down Shift you can add as many marquees as you want but they won’t be exactly the same as each other.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
P
PH
Mar 1, 2005
edjh wrote:
Walter Donavan wrote:
There’s probably a better way, but try this: make marquee, hit Q for Quickmask. With Move tool (or CTRL) move the "selection" over to the other eye. Then go Select>Reselect. The original marquee will show up. Fill with (or erase to) white and hit Q again. Now you’ll have two marquees.
Easier to do than describe.

Damn!!!!!!! Good one!!!!!!!

Peter
WD
Walter Donavan
Mar 2, 2005
By golly, it worked. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections