Posted By
Gillies
Apr 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greetings,

I am experiencing random freeze using Photoshop CS all the time. Everything else is working smoothly including Maya and other apps. I have uninstalled and reinstalled PS with no luck. When a lockup occurs I can close PS normally. No need to reboot or close the session. Any help appreciated.

Computer specs:
P4 3.0Gig 1024 Megs RAM
160 Gigs HD
WinXP SP2

Thanks in advance

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

K
KatWoman
Apr 13, 2005
Have you set the file handling preferences correctly? That is, set it to use a larger percent of your RAM on the main or C drive plus give it some extra scratch space on a secondary drive?
How large are the files you are working on when it freezes? In the task bar at bottom you can see how much resources are being used by the file (u may have to use the mouse over to change this setting to show the file size and use window view status bar.)
If you use the arrow and select efficiency it will also show you a number, try to keep to no less than 75%.

I am using a very similar comp and have no problems…

"Gillies" wrote in message
Greetings,

I am experiencing random freeze using Photoshop CS all the time. Everything else is working smoothly including Maya and other apps. I have uninstalled and reinstalled PS with no luck. When a lockup occurs I can close PS normally. No need to reboot or close the session. Any help appreciated.

Computer specs:
P4 3.0Gig 1024 Megs RAM
160 Gigs HD
WinXP SP2

Thanks in advance

NS
Nicholas Sherlock
Apr 13, 2005
Gillies wrote:
Greetings,

Since other large programs run fine, it probably isn’t a memory fault, but it would still be worth a check:

http://www.memtest86.com/

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock
CC
Chris Cox
Apr 18, 2005
Did you install the 7.0.1 update?

Chris

In article <VKa7e.11792$>, Gillies
wrote:

Greetings,

Computer specs:
P4 3.0Gig 1024 Megs RAM
160 Gigs HD
WinXP SP2

Thanks in advance

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections