BM
Posted By
Brent_Mockbee
Oct 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running Photoshop 7.0.1 on Windows 2000 machine with 512 MB of RAM. I have over 4 GB of defragmented space on my "Scratch" hard drive.

I seem to be able to perform any action on any image, including 60 MB images, EXCEPT for IMAGE>ADJUSTMENTS>LEVELS. Whenever I attempt to do this, the CURSOR CHANGES IMMEDIATELY TO AN "EYEDROPPER" and ALL selections under FILE, EDIT, IMAGE, LAYER, SELECT, and FILTER are "grayed out" and unselectable. In addition, the [X], to close the window, in the upper right corner of BOTH the IMAGE and PHOTOSHOP are also "grayed out."

After several uninstalls and installs of Photoshop 7.0.1, I removed the program and reinstalled the Photoshop 5 LE that was included with PageMaker. Subsequently, the IMAGE>ADJUSTMENTS>LEVELS operation works normally within Photoshop 5 LE.

Is this possibly related to some form of "copy protection" that Adobe uses?

Any further suggestions or hints would be appreciated. This problem is driving me up the wall.

Regards,
Brent

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MA
Matt_Arello
Oct 30, 2003
hi

its either something like a change in PS7’s behaviour from 5LE’s, or you photoshop prefs are damaged.

Goto;

my computer>local disk C>documents and settings>user name (the user who is experiencing the difficulties)>application data (this folder may be hidden, show by clicking on tools>folder option>view>show all hidden files and folders>apply the changes and ok..app data should now show)>adobe>photoshop>7.0>adobe photoshop 7.0 setting>and normally just deleting the Adobe photoshop 7.0 prefs file from in here should do it, but if not then remove the whole settings folder for PS7.

Sorry if you know all that already,

matt.
L
LenHewitt
Oct 30, 2003
Brent,

See:Mathias Vejerslev "Dialog box is missing??" 10/29/02 1:06pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>
MA
Matt_Arello
Oct 30, 2003
aaahhh……;)

my solution might work, but it seems it is completely uneccessary and rather heavy-handed.

grazie,

matt (ecosse)
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 31, 2003
my solution might work,

it does, and it’s necessary when you still can’t get at the dialog, as may be the case when going from dual monitors to a single monitor. i think this problem (force all dialogs on screen) was supposed to be fixed in CS. not sure if it is or not. should be easy to check though.
BM
Brent_Mockbee
Oct 31, 2003
Matt and others:

Thanks for the quick reply to my problem. I deleted the Adobe Photoshop 7.0.1 preferences folder, rebooted and now everything seems to be back to normal.

Great forum and a group of very knowledgeable Photoshop users.

Thanks again for the help and solution to my dilemma.

Best regards,
Brent

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections