KB
Posted By
Kristen_Boyesen
May 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have come to the point where I have to be sure I am not connected to the internet before opening any ImageReady or Photoshop7 files because there is an automatic file update that come on which, at times, gives me the forever-turning beach ball and will not let me cancel.

I am using a powerMac G4 with OS 10.2.8. It used to update just fine. It has been in the last couple of months that the lock-up has started.

Does anyone know why?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
May 19, 2004
Kristen,

This is a known bug related to problems at the Adobe server. Set your Photoshop Adobe Online preferences to NEVER check for updates.

Do a search on this forum and you’ll see the issue has been discussed numerous times.
MW
Matthew_W._Garrett
Jun 6, 2004
Ramon,
Sounds good IF one can actually get Photoshop to work in the first place. I am having the same problem; the "lock up" does just that, – locks up Photoshop and keeps it from loading.
Matt G
R
Ram
Jun 6, 2004
Matthew,

If you had done the search I suggested, you would have found that the obvious solution is indeed given in other threads already:

Temporarily disconnect from the Internet, launch Photoshop, set the preferences to NEVER look for updates, reconnect to the net. Alternatively, take out the Adobe Online folder to disable it, re-launch Photoshop. Done.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections