AB
Posted By
aaron_beall
Nov 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a really annoying problem when trying to use brushes. It existed in CS3 and is still there in CS4.

Whenever I make the brush diameter somewhat large, for instance above 100px, it begins to crop the brush outline so it only shows a small portion of it. If I make it large enough, ~500px, there’s nothing left. Even if I have show crosshair enabled, the crosshair is cropped away.

What’s the deal?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 26, 2008
Your NVidia graphics card drivers are not up to date, so you haven’t picked up the fixes to those drivers that mess up large cursors.
RM
Rick Moore
Nov 26, 2008
Unless you’re on XP and using the secondary monitor, where there is no fix yet

Your NVidia graphics card drivers are not up to date, so you haven’t picked up the fixes to those drivers that mess up large cursors.
RM
Rick Moore
Nov 26, 2008
I mean, except for turning off OpenGL and using the Old GPU reg hack

AB
aaron_beall
Nov 26, 2008

I’m using XP and I have a second monitor, but I get the same results on both monitors (I usually use the primary monitor when dealing with brush tools anyway.)

How do I check if my NVIDIA driver is up to date?
AB
aaron_beall
Nov 26, 2008
I installed the latest driver. It appears to have installed but I still have the same problem.
AB
aaron_beall
Nov 26, 2008
Okay, I got it fixed for the most part. I noticed that after I installed the driver update, I was no longer having the issue on my secondary monitor, while I was still having the problem on the primary monitor. I checked the Properties and confirmed that the primary and secondary were indeed the primary and secondary, so I just went to the NVIDIA control panel and went through the setup process again, making sure the correct monitor was specified as primary, and now it seems to work on the primary at least. Thanks for the help!

– aaron

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections