Broken cursor when enlarging brushes in Photoshop CS4…

AW
Posted By
Allen_W
Jan 22, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
<http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4281/76281276aq6.gif>

I’m expriencing a broken cursor when enlarging brushes in Photoshop CS4 [see pic]. The cursor is OK at small sizes, but start to get but off after enlarging past a medium size. Can this bug be fixed?

WinXP, 3GB RAM, NVIDIA 6800 GT video card

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AW
Allen_W
Jan 22, 2009
so based on that thread, there is still no real fix for this problem? :\
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 22, 2009
based on that thread, you should update your video drivers. 🙂
RB
Ron_Bentley
Jan 23, 2009
I was having the same problem but it now appears to be fixed. I went to the hardware accelerator slider of the graphics card and reduced the slider from full to about 3/4 full. This fixed the problem. Hope it works for you
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 23, 2009
This fixed the problem.

actually that masks the problem. the fix is still an updated video driver. if the latest one for your card doesn’t work, keep using that setting for now, but write to the card manufacturer and report the bug.
AW
Allen_W
Mar 6, 2009
any fix yet?
CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 6, 2009
Yes, NVidia has put out multiple versions of their drivers with fixes for this bug. The most recent is for cases with multiple displays.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections