JS
Posted By
James Strawn
Jun 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have PS7 installed on a brand new Sony Vaio PCV-RZ24G.

Always, when working on any type of image in any view, if I am using any paint tool (Brush, Stamp, Healing, Eraser, Brush) I see the cursor as a precise tool (crosshairs) rather than a brush size tool (cirle). I have set the preferences for Display and Cursors as such:
Painting Cursors : Brush Size
Other Cursors : Precise

This is a problem I have seen intermittently on other machines (Win2K), but it usually goes away after restarting. On my Vaio, however, it’s always there, making it very difficult to use the painting tools with any degree of percision.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Y
ylekyot
Jun 26, 2003
turn off caps lock
P
Phosphor
Jun 26, 2003
If that doesn’t work, make sure you have the "Direct Cursors" extension in your Photoshop folder.

I don’t know the file path in Windows, so you’ll have to do a search for it.
JS
James Strawn
Jun 27, 2003
CAPS LOK was on… THANK YOU… do you know how many times Ive re-started my computer thinkin’ that was the only way to fix the problem…

I’m not bragging, but I’ve worked on PS for YEARS and I didn’t know that… Sometimes those little things are the worst… THANKS AGAIN d. wade thompson.

-James
Y
ylekyot
Jun 27, 2003
no problem James, we have all been there. and thanx for the nice reply.

Wade
Jul 4, 2007
On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 15:56:50 -0700, "James Strawn" wrote:

I have PS7 installed on a brand new Sony Vaio PCV-RZ24G.
Always, when working on any type of image in any view, if I am using any paint tool (Brush, Stamp, Healing, Eraser, Brush) I see the cursor as a precise tool (crosshairs) rather than a brush size tool (cirle). I have set the preferences for Display and Cursors as such:
Painting Cursors : Brush Size
Other Cursors : Precise

This is a problem I have seen intermittently on other machines (Win2K), but it usually goes away after restarting. On my Vaio, however, it’s always there, making it very difficult to use the painting tools with any degree of percision.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks

Try your caps lock key

Bigtomcat

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections