TZ
Posted By
Twan_Zijlstra
Jun 24, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Photoshop CS2 on a 17" laptop wich supports a resolution of 1900*1200. My problem is that for brushes with sizes from 1 to 5 pixels its VERY hard to see the cursor, if not almost impossible..

I know simply lowering the res will solve it but this laptop is made for this resolution. Anything lower doesn’t look as sharp. Is there any other solution? Is there for exameple a way to thicken the cursor to make it more visible?

Drawing is impossible this way..

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

WE
Wolf_Eilers
Jun 24, 2007
Try changing your Painting Cursor to Standard within Photoshop’s Display&Cursors preference tab. You may not like this painting cursor but at least it shows clearly regardless of brush size.
TZ
Twan_Zijlstra
Jun 25, 2007
I guess theres no better solution then. Thanks for your feedback.
BD
Brett Dalton
Jun 28, 2007
look under the graphics properties (where you normally change the resolution) and under advanced there is an option to increase the system font size (assuming your on XP don’t know about vista yet). it will increase the size of the icons on your desktop, cursors and text sizes. It might help.

BRETT
JR
John_R_Nielsen
Jun 29, 2007
There’s a similar problem in Illustrator, where the node handles on paths are now so tiny, it’s nigh impossible to grab them. Someone on the Illy Forum pointed out that even higher res displays will be here in not too long, which will make these problems even worse.

You might want to post this issue in the Features Request area.
H
Ho
Jun 29, 2007
There’s a similar problem in Illustrator, where the node handles on paths are now so tiny

They’ve ALWAYS been tiny. Now they’re invisible. FreeHand has the option to use a larger size. Why is that so tough for Adobe?
TZ
Twan_Zijlstra
Jun 29, 2007
Im using Vista. I can resize icons, fonts, but not the cursor.. too bad. Hope Adobe will change this in the future. I’ll post it in Features Request.
RC
Rich_Collins
Jun 30, 2007
May be a long shot, but I just went through this with my Sony Vaio when I began experiencing problems with Bridge graying out, just freeze. But when I’d move my mouse outside the application window, all was selectable again. As I spent time opening a ticket with Adobe after trying many things, the suggestion to upgrade my drivers came up. After much trouble I finally got it & all is back to normal, including my font. If it’s been more than 18-24 months since you’ve updated you might try reading up on it first, eg, I had instructions to uninstall ATI products then use their Uninstall Utility, then download the Microsoft .Net frameworks then download ATI Catalyst Control Center, then turn off Zone Labs, the install. Details, details. Really helped me though.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections