NM
Posted By
Nigel Molesworth
Apr 27, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an image that I would like to print a section of. I’d prefer to do it without re-scaling, to keep the quality up. However, I want the image to be a certain size at a given resolution. As a result, the only variable left is how much of the image that is printed.

Is there a way to tell CS3 the details, and move a selection window to preview what the result would be? Effectively, I want a "Crop to this size, but don’t rescale"

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DF
Derek Fountain
Apr 27, 2008
Nigel Molesworth wrote:
I have an image that I would like to print a section of. I’d prefer to do it without re-scaling, to keep the quality up. However, I want the image to be a certain size at a given resolution. As a result, the only variable left is how much of the image that is printed.

Is there a way to tell CS3 the details, and move a selection window to preview what the result would be? Effectively, I want a "Crop to this size, but don’t rescale"

Cropping, by definition, doesn’t rescale. It just lops pixels from the sides of the image. So just make a rectangular selection with the required pixel size (choose the rectangular marquee tool and set the style on the toolbar to Fixed Size) then hit Image->Crop.

Aches and pains at your desk? Try a little exercise:
http://www.daily-exercise.com/
NM
Nigel Molesworth
Apr 27, 2008
On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 19:09:52 +0100, Derek Fountain
wrote:

rectangular marquee tool and set the
style on the toolbar to Fixed Size

Didn’t know you could do that …

then hit Image->Crop.

Or that, thank you.
P
Pico
Apr 27, 2008
You can also set all the dimensions in the Crop tool. See menu bar at the top when you select the tool.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections