Posted By
Lou Pratt
May 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I’ve been using PS CS3 for almost a year without any real problems until just recently. Suddenly the Variations window in the Image > Adjustments menu won’t open. I use Variations quite often and would like to get it working again. If anyone could help, I’d appreciate it.

Lou

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
May 2, 2008
"Lou Pratt" wrote in message
Hello,

I’ve been using PS CS3 for almost a year without any real problems until just recently. Suddenly the Variations window in the Image > Adjustments menu won’t open. I use Variations quite often and would like to get it working again. If anyone could help, I’d appreciate it.
Lou,

Are you working in 16 bit RGB?
If you are you need to be in 8 bit.
If you are in 8 bit then you could have a corrupt preference file causing the problem (it’s amazing the different problems a corrupt P file can cause.)
To delete it start PS with the alt+shift+ctrl keys held down. If you get the timing right, you will get a dialogue box asking if you want to delete the file (no D box, you aint got it right).
Delete the file, a new one is created at startup.

HTH
TWK
LP
Lou Pratt
May 2, 2008
On Fri, 2 May 2008 18:02:46 +0100, Toobi-Won Kenobi wrote:

Hello,

Lou,

If you are in 8 bit then you could have a corrupt preference file causing the problem (it’s amazing the different problems a corrupt P file can cause.)
To delete it start PS with the alt+shift+ctrl keys held down. If you get the timing right, you will get a dialogue box asking if you want to delete the file (no D box, you aint got it right).

HTH
TWK

Resetting the preferences corrected the problem. Thanks for the help.

Lou
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
May 2, 2008
On Fri, 2 May 2008 18:02:46 +0100, Toobi-Won Kenobi wrote:
Hello,

Lou,

To delete it start PS with the alt+shift+ctrl keys held down. If you get the timing right, you will get a dialogue box asking if you want
to delete the file (no D box, you aint got it right).

HTH
TWK

Resetting the preferences corrected the problem. Thanks for the help.
Lou,

GTH. Thanks for the update.

TWK

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections