ED
Posted By
Ellie_Dee
Nov 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has anyone else had a problem with filter (noise, sharpen, blur, etc.) preview windows in CS4? When I move the image within the window, I see a flickering border made up of pieces of the image, showing one side of the square at a time. This occurs with or without Open GL enabled. I have noticed no such problem with the preview window in Noiseware; however, with Noise Ninja, moving the window brings on a dotted, horizontal line running down the screen when the mouse button is lifted. I have no problem with zooming and panning with main image windows with or without Open GL; however, I do have flickering when dragging a single or multiple windows with Open GL only.

Another problem I have seen occurring with or without Open GL is the multiplication of dialog boxes when dragging them. Possibly related?

Windows XP Home SP3; Intel Dual Core, 3GHz; 4G Ram; 2 x 250GB, 1 x 320GB Western Digital SATA-II 7200 drives; Asus EAX1600XT 256mb PCI-E graphics card (latest driver, Catalyst 8.11, installed)

Ellie Dee

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

X
xrdbear
Nov 21, 2008
Yes everthing you have there I have as well except I haven’t dared put in Noise Ninja yet.

In another thread I described CS4 as slow and clunky and what you are seeing is part of it. In certain situations I also get blocky, square by square, image redraws following adjustments that are normally instant in CS3. My system is almost identical to yours except I have the Asus EN8600GT card.

I had a whole load of other problems but I have defeated most of them by turning off some graphics card features, some tablet features, and upgrading DirectX. I also had Out of Memory problems with Topaz adjust (not in CS3) which were solved by restricting CS4 to less than 700Mb of memory but this slows down some other operations of course. Not a satisfactory situation.
ED
Ellie_Dee
Nov 21, 2008
Thank you for your reply. It looks as if I should be happy that my problems aren’t worse than they are. I also have the image redraw problems you mentioned when I disable Open GL; CS4 runs better for me, as a whole, with it enabled. I’ll keep reading the posts, trying out suggested solutions, and hoping Adobe engineers and graphics card people get CS4 running as it should.

Ellie Dee

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections