FR
Posted By
Fred_Rickle
Apr 18, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In previous versions of PS, you could maximize one window and all would maximize, too. I understand why you wouldn’t always want that like if you’re dragging from one window to another, so you can have a small window over a maximized one, but is there a way anyway to set that files open maximized?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JZ
Joe_Zydeco
Apr 18, 2007
Fred, scriptmaster Larry Ligon has written a javascript that will do exactly that. Check it out here:
<http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=59>
FR
Fred_Rickle
Apr 19, 2007
That worked, but it’s not what I was looking for. When the image opens, it doesn’t maximize the window, but zooms the image to fit on the screen.

I want the window to be maximized, but the image to remain at 100% zoom. I tried looking at the script to see if I could figure it out, but no, I would be lost completely.
LL
Larry_Ligon
Apr 19, 2007
Joe,

Thanks for the compliment.

Here is another variation:

http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=62

Fred: I’m not sure what you mean by maximize the window?

Larry
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 19, 2007
Fred: I assume you’ve tried hitting F for full screen. In my opinion that’s a much better option than a maximized window.
FR
Fred_Rickle
Apr 19, 2007
Thanks to everyone for trying to help. Hitting F is not what I want because it maximizes the PhotoShop program window, too. I want to only maximize the image’s window.

There seems to still be confusion on what I’m asking. And this is for when opening multiple files. If I do that now, the files open in their windows, but they are not maximized to fit within the PhotoShop program window. In effect, this is what I have to do now:

1) Open a file
2) Click the square in the image window’s top bar (between the underscore and X) that is standard for all Windows programs.
3) The image window is maximized within the PhotoShop program window.

For one file, it’s not a big deal. But when opening multiple ones, it is because you have to go through and maximize all of them one at a time. I don’t know how else to explain it.
LL
Larry_Ligon
Apr 19, 2007
Fred,

What you’re doing is a Windows Operating System function. I can’t do that in Photoshop.

The best I can do is "Full Screen with Menu bar". What is wrong with that? It looks the same as you’re doing, just without the Photoshop bar at the top.

Larry

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections