B
Posted By
Bernie
Jul 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just realized something and would like to solve it.
I downloaded a picture from a blog using right click, save as picture. It came in as a jpg. When I went to the file, open, and single clicked on the photo so that the preview thumbnail opened, to my surprise was the entire un-croped version of the picture, which, I’m sure the person did not realize, showed a lot more than expected.
When it is opened the picture comes in as the croped version that was in the blog. Since the browser can see the entire picture, how can I get the entire picture to show in Photoshop once it is opened ?

Thanks,
Ralph

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

N
ninjasavant
Jul 22, 2003
My guess is that you can’t. A preview is metadata stored in the file and may be out of date. I think that what you open is what you get. Does anyone have a more optimistic answer?
P
primitivedogs
Jul 22, 2003
the thumbnail saved is probably a slightly different version than the full size or the full size is just a cropped higher quality version the thumb was created from.
B
Bernie
Jul 22, 2003
The picture was made on a Nikon D100 camera. The thumbnail, in the preview open box, shows the full size. The opened picture is a small portion.
Once the picture was saved to jpg, the reveal all command won’t work since it is not in the PSD format. But when the jpg was saved it’s thumbnail is indeed the entire picture. Seems like there should be some way of getting at that entire picture since it is there in the preview.

Wishful thinking, I am sure.
Thanks
Ralph

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections