JC
Posted By
Joseph_Cincotta
May 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just purchased Photoshop Elements 3.0 and installed it on my computer – three 20 gig Western Digital Cavaet Emptor drives, 512 megs of RAM, 32 meg ATI video card and Windows XP.

I’ve been using Photoshop 7.0 with no problems…but when I started installing Photoshop Elements 3.0…it wsa randomly launching Photoshop 7.0 during it’s installation procedure?! Each time Photoshop 7.0 launched…I quit Photoshop 7.0 because Elements 3.0 was still processing the install. After I installed Elements 3.0…I rebooted my system and fired up Elements 3.0. When I did this…Photoshop 7.0 was coming on. I couldn’t understand it. Then I went to the folder where I installed Elements 3.0 and manually installed Elements 3.0 from there…it finally launched.

But once again…when I hit the toolbar button for launching the File Browser from within Elements 3.0…Photoshop 7.0 was launched. I really don’t know what’s going on…but clearly…if I have multiple programs from Adobe on my system…a new install shouldn’t cause a earlier program from their software base to launch. Elements 3.0 should be able to launch its own file browser from within it’s own program space. Here’s another oddity…when I hit Ctrl-Shift-O…the File Browser from Elements 3.0 works correctly. Now..one last oddity for now…I can’t launch Photoshop Elements from its own icon…whenever I do this..it launches Photoshop 7.0 instead. But when I carefully double click the icon named PhtoshopElementsEditor3.0exe…the program launches correctly.

If there is anybody on this forum that can confirm this…please tell me it’s not me that’s sounding delusional…because it happened to me today when I installed Photoshop Elements 3.0. Any troubleshooting ideas that can solve this problem? Or is this a known issue?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin Walls
May 28, 2005
There is not an intrinsic problem. I use PSE 3 and PS 7 on the same machine with no conflict. Actually they integrate together beautifully.

I would uninstall PSE 3 and install it again – make sure virus checking is off.

I’m worried by:

hen I went to the folder where I installed Elements 3.0 and manually installed Elements 3.0 from there

What?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections