M
Posted By
mbutler40968
Jul 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running Windows XP Pro and when I open Adobe Photoshop Elements there is a windows at the lower right of my screen which appears to search the Adobe web site for updates. At one time, the window was active, but as of late, it just sits there. I have to click on cancel to start the program and when I am in the program and click on updates from the menu, the same window opens and just sits there.
Anyone got any ideas how to get the update working again? Thanks,
Mike

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Jul 28, 2004
You were never getting any updates, because there aren’t any. What you’re seeing is a verification process that’s not doing anything besides waste time. The next time you have Elements open, go to Edit>Preferences>Adobe Online and set the Frequency to Never. That’ll bypass the whole charade.
AF
Albert_Field
Aug 4, 2004
Every time I try to update in PE2.0 I get an error box saying my TCP/IP and or HTTP settings are wrong. This is only since I changed my ISP from AOL to WANADOO. According to Wanadoo my settings are correct
BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 4, 2004
Well, first, Albert, give up on the updates and follow my advice to the original poster about changing the preference.

Second, when you changed from one ISP to another, did you change the default browser setting on your computer? AOL has a customized browser, and it wouldn’t be the same as that of your new provider’s. Check/change the settings through your Control Panel and see if that makes a difference.

If you need more help, repost and give us some system information. Win? Mac? OS?
FT
Frank Taylor
Aug 5, 2004
Strangely enough today I opened Elements (on my Mac) for the first time in a few weeks and there was an update: 2 files. Unfortunately now Elements is hanging whilst attempting to process the first file… I can’t get in. Not even the Cancel button is working.

Grrrr.

Frank.

On 28/7/2004 21:31, in article ,
"" wrote:

You were never getting any updates, because there aren’t any. What you’re seeing is a verification process that’s not doing anything besides waste time. The next time you have Elements open, go to Edit>Preferences>Adobe Online and set the Frequency to Never. That’ll bypass the whole charade.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections