Posted By
PlunkettPhoto
Dec 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using CS2 on a PowerMac G5 with Mac OS 10.4.8

I have had Photoshop Elements and Adobe Lightroom installed at various times but are now uninstalled.

When ever I plug in a flash card (via a Lexar card reader), Bridge automatically opens – which is not what I want.

I have searched preferences and can not find where this is set up.

Can anyone shed light on this?

thanks
bill plunkett

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

IL
Ian_Lyons
Dec 15, 2006
Go to the File menu and choose Get Photos from Camera. A dialog will appear – choose NO. If my memory serves me correctly you will need to do this with no card in the reader.
P
PlunkettPhoto
Dec 15, 2006
Ian,

Thanks for reply but I can’t find an option to "Get Photos from Camera" in either bridge or in Photoshop CS2.

Any other suggestions….

b
IL
Ian_Lyons
Dec 15, 2006
My mistake, I thought you were using Photoshop/Bridge CS3. As for a solution? Well, you could try opening Image Capture (your Applications folder), then ensure that the Preference "General > Camera" does not show as Bridge.
P
PlunkettPhoto
Dec 15, 2006
Image Capture is set to "No Application"

thanks
b
R
Ram
Dec 16, 2006
Bill,

That’s a preference that was undoubtedly set by one of the Elements versions you had installed at one time.

I suggest you ask in the Elements forum, as few of us are familiar with that application.
P
PlunkettPhoto
Dec 16, 2006
Thank’s I’ll do that. I had ask the question in the Photoshop CS2 forum but not the one for elements – just didn’t think of it. Thanks again.

bp

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections