Posted By
Sarah_Nichol
Nov 27, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,

I’m running Photoshop CS on Leopard, and have been for a few weeks now.

In the last couple of days, I’m finding that any image I open in Photoshop – whether or not it’s opened from the links palette in InDesign – is being automatically rotated 90 degrees clockwise. I don’t see the rotation actually happening – the image just appears on its side.
It’s obviously quite irritating to have to rotate the image back to what it should be before I can proceed!

I occasionally view and rotate images within the File Browser, and I’m thinking it’s possible that a setting has been clicked on through that, or something’s gone awry somehow because of that.

I’ve tried deleting Photoshop’s preferences but it hasn’t made any difference.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks very much.
S.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Nov 27, 2008
Sarah,

CS and CS2 are not even supported under Leopard.

The "File Browser" doesn’t even exist anymore. It evolved into The Bridge as of CS2.

Very difficult to suggest a fix under these circumstances. Perhaps your camera is applying a rotation tag to your images? Just a shot in the dark. :/
B
Buko
Nov 27, 2008
CS and CS2 are not even supported under Leopard.

Yup and you better upgarde before you are out of the upgrade path
SN
Sarah_Nichol
Nov 28, 2008
Thanks for that, chaps. I’m aware that we’re somewhat behind (!) but I’m stuck with what I’ve got because my company can’t afford to upgrade. We’re already way off the upgrade path. Mine is one of the few machines that could handle CS3 or CS4 – the rest would need replacing before we could upgrade.

I work with images from multiple sources, and whether an image gets rotated or not seems completely random. I’ve tried to find sense in it but I can’t.

Never mind. I’ll just have to get used to having to rotate images before I can work on them.

Cheers,
Sarah.
B
Buko
Nov 28, 2008
my company can’t afford to upgrade.

But they can afford to load Leopard on your computer?

If they upgrade now they can save money with an upgrade price if they don’t upgrade before CS5 is released then they will have to pay full price again which is $500 to $600 more.
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 2, 2008
Photoshop only rotates documents if the metadata in the document says it is supposed to be rotated.
SN
Sarah_Nichol
Dec 3, 2008
Thanks for your replies, chaps.

I’m only running Leopard because my mac was a relatively recent replacement for an older mac that died. I believe it’s the only one in the company running Leopard.

And just to update you – Photoshop seems to have stopped rotating images now, so I can only assume it’s an anomaly from running old software on a new system.

It appeared to be completely random. I tried opening old and new images from various sources – some would rotate and some wouldn’t. Odd.

S.
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 3, 2008
You can try resetting Photoshop preferences.

Neil
SN
Sarah_Nichol
Dec 3, 2008
I tried that early on (as mentioned in my first post).
Thanks though.

S.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections