PP
Posted By
Pasta_Prince
Oct 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I double-click on a file in Windows Explorer that is associated with Adobe PhotoShop Elements 2.0, the product launches, but it doesn’t open the file. I am running WinXP. I can’t say I’ve experienced this problem with any other products. I’ve searched the web, Adobe support and these forums, but haven’t found anything. In previous versions of Windows you could provide startup parameters (%1, etc) that would pass the file name into the program. Can’t find any such thing in WinXP. Any thoughts?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Oct 26, 2003
The problem might be in the registry. I’ve had this problem before. When I upgraded from PSE1 to PSE2, one of the registry key remained at its old value (PSE1) and I could not open any files by double-clicking.

If you feel comfortable to edit the registry, you might want to run a search for the old path, and replace it with the new path (i.e. C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS, to C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS
2)

Editing the registry is always a liltle risky, but if you’re easy about it, go ahead. It solved my problem.

Ray
PP
Pasta_Prince
Oct 28, 2003
Ray,

Thanks for the suggestions, but I didn’t upgrade, so I don’t think I have an old path to copy! Don’t suppose you know WHICH registry setting is the issue? I did scan the registry looking for something that might indicate this, but nothing was obvious.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Oct 28, 2003
Unfortunately, I don’t recall the precise registry key. But I do recall this solution applied only for those who upgraded from version 1.0 to 2.0

Ray

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections