Don’t want pics to automatically open with PSE!

C
Posted By
CassBH
Aug 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help! If someone sends me a picture as an attachment, I have my computer set to automatically open it with PS Elements. I don’t want this to happen anymore…it’s annoying. I would rather be able to open the attachment AS IT IS, then, if I want to make changes with the picture, just be able to save it as a file, and open PSE, then the file within the program.

Problem is, I can’t remember how to change this setting…can anyone help me? I appreciate it and look forward to a response:)
Cass

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 10, 2004
What platform are you on – Windows or Mac? If you need instructions, knowing what you run makes a big difference. Include the OS.
C
CassBH
Aug 10, 2004
Windows XP.

BB
Bert_Bigelow
Aug 10, 2004
Select the file, right-click. Select "Open with" and from the dropdown list, select "Choose Program." Select the application you want to open the file. Click the box at the bottom labeled "Always use…" to make this selection for all files of this type.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections