Yellow tint in photos when opened with photoshop elements.

E
Posted By
ER
Jan 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have just installed the demo for photoshop elements.

After downloading some pictures off my new digital camera, i tried to open them in elements to change their size. However, when i select a photo in the ‘open’ dialog box the preview picture at the bottom of the box shows the picture with a yellowish tint, while the thumbnail of the file is showing the photo in its original colours. When i open the photo, the same yellowish tint is present when editing the picture in elements. However, after saving it, and opening it with the Windows picture viewer the photo has its original colours again.

I am wondering what is causing this, as I am unable to do any other corrections to the picture if i can not see its true colours in elements.

I am using Windows XP. My camera is a Canon Ixus 400 (S400).

Regards,
Eivind

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

E
ER
Jan 21, 2004
Sorry to bother you…. a reboot seems to have solved the problem

"ER" wrote in message
Hi,

I have just installed the demo for photoshop elements.

After downloading some pictures off my new digital camera, i tried to open them in elements to change their size. However, when i select a photo in
the
‘open’ dialog box the preview picture at the bottom of the box shows the picture with a yellowish tint, while the thumbnail of the file is showing the photo in its original colours. When i open the photo, the same
yellowish
tint is present when editing the picture in elements. However, after
saving
it, and opening it with the Windows picture viewer the photo has its original colours again.

I am wondering what is causing this, as I am unable to do any other corrections to the picture if i can not see its true colours in elements.
I am using Windows XP. My camera is a Canon Ixus 400 (S400).
Regards,
Eivind

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections